Friday, April 5, 2013

Bullies

          One of the things that I really hate about this world is the fact that there are so many bullies. It amazes me that to this day there is always a bully in every group of a hundred people. You would think after all the things that have happened over the years due to bullies people would think that "hey I shouldn't bully people". Over the past couple of years there have been school shootings caused by teenagers that got tired of being bullied and didn't think that there was anything else they could do. There are even situations where people have even committed suicide due to people around them continuously being put down. It even amazes me that those that bully people that end up committing suicide or even lashing out at those tormenting them some even think that it's only the one being bullied's fault.
            Usually when you come across someone that bullies those around them the most typical reason is that their own self confidence is very low. Most bullies usually go after someone that they wish they were more like in one way or another. Even worst though is those bullies that pick on people around just because they enjoy seeing other's in misery. How is it that you can some how get in to the mindset that another person's misery will make you feel better? What part of another human beings suffering would make you feel joy? I wonder when these people look around to see that no one cares about them if they actually feel anything. I don't think any human being truly enjoys being alone but when you're a bully that's the only route you're heading down. When a person chooses to bully someone or the people around them all they are doing is pushing everyone away from them. Why would any one want to be around someone that does nothing but put them down?
            What most people don't realize though is that just standing by and letting the bullying happen is just as bad as the bullying. No one wants to know that there is someone just standing there watching when they could do something to help. If you are being bullied though you especially should be saying something. Never just stand back and let someone bully you. If you're in high school or lower go to a teacher or even just straight to the principal. Never let someone keep putting you down or even physically hurting you. The bully in my life that I had growing up I allowed it to go on for far too long. I got to the point where I didn't even want to wake up in the morning. It wasn't till I finally said something that the bullying finally stopped. If I had just said something way sooner I wouldn't have spent so much time suffering. I wouldn't have gotten to such a low point. For those of you out there that are being bullied speak up. Fight back (not literally).
            So for those of you out there bullying people you might want to grow up. All you're doing is showing how little substance you have and you're only going to end up alone in your life. For those of you being bullied I hope that you have the strength to fight back to stop the person from bullying you.

2 comments:

  1. Good points. Do you know someone who has been effected by bullying?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I do and I've personally had to deal with bullying as a child.

    ReplyDelete